Monday, January 03, 2011

It's a new year.

Due to the historical snow in Atlanta, we were not able to celebrate Christmas with my family last Sunday as planned. So, we got together Saturday to celebrate the New Year and Christmas. All parties met at T's house, and then we headed to the jump house to burn some energy. The children had a blast! I love to watch my children play with their cousins. After jumping, we went to lunch at Rafferty's, one of my favorite places to eat in Athens. When I was in college and my mom was living in Elberton, we went to supper probably once a week. She always took me to Rafferty's, and for a lowly college student that was a big treat! It's still a treat today. After a yummy lunch, we headed back to T's house to open presents. I'm pretty sure my grandmother, who was also there to celebrate with us, bought stock in a toy store! I have never seen so many toys in one room in my whole life, wow!
My sister and her family during lunch at Rafferty's.
In addition to celebrating Christmas, we celebrated David's graduation and my birthday. David got a granite nameplate for his desk and a really nice diploma frame that also has room for a picture from the big day.
Story decided to show off a bit today and pull herself up from a crawl to a sitting position! How fun it has been celebrating her very first Christmas.
T and Hart with Carter. I was planning to take a picture of my mom with her husband, but Carter wanted to jump in too, so cute. During lunch he leaned over and whispered to my mom, "That Hart is really funny!" Carter, you are right about that!
Mama and Me, so thankful we were able to see her this Christmas season.
All of the grandchildren.
T and Story.
Mama and Story, such a sweet picture. Story really is a sweet little cuddle bug if you can get her still. And she LOVES kisses! I love how she is holding Mama's hand.
All of the grandchildren with T and Mama. I took a lot of these, but this was my favorite because everyone was smiling, except for Tilly who is not even looking, ha!
What a fun day to be with family!

No comments: