Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oh, the weather outside is frightful!

Today was one of those perfectly fantastic days. It began last night with a phone call from school saying don't bother coming, which led to a no school snow dance in the kitchen and ended with snow ice cream a la brownie. The day was made even better by another phone call from school giving us yet another day at home. Perfect, I say.
David and the children sans Story out in the snow with Hundley. They had so much fun!
Carter was most excited. Tilly face planted in the snow too many times, and Summer didn't really enjoy being in the cold. I think Carter would have stayed out all day if we had let him.
The snow began Sunday evening, and it was just beautiful coming down. There was a time when you could barely see across the street it was coming down so hard. We guess we got somewhere around 5 inches or so. Sometime this morning, the freezing rain began, which made the snow crunchy and not as powdery. However, it was still great fun.
Per the suggestion of a friend on facebook, I put a bowl outside to catch some snow last night. Tonight after supper, we had snow ice cream.
Summer and Story playing in the kitchen while Daddy was fixing the ice cream.
I think Story is saying, "What about me? First, you don't take me outside in the snow and now you aren't going to let me have any snow ice cream either?!" Shame!
Brownies and snow ice cream.
Nothing better after a perfectly fun day at home.
And you know what? There's no one I would rather have spent this day with than my party of six.

No comments: