Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tilly's namesake.

Just before church began this morning, I received this text on my phone:
Layover in Atlanta this afternoon, praying they bump us for an overnight visit :)
What! This precious text came from my dear friend, Brooke Barney Miller. David and I met Brooke better known to us as Mardye during the summer of 2003, at MFUGE in Nashville, where we were all three on staff together. Since camp, we have only seen Brooke a handful of times, the most recent being just after Carter was born. You can only imagine how excited I was for a chance to see my sweet friend today. And see her I did, with my Tilly girl in tow! It was only appropriate for Tilly to meet this precious woman for whom she is named. Needless to say, they hit it off immediately. Sadly, they did not get an overnight layover, but 40 minutes with my friend left me with a smile on my face and a heart full of joy.
Brooke with Tilly Brooke. Brooke is such a remarkable woman of God, and I pray my Tilly girl will grow up to love Jesus as much as her namesake.
Love these sweet smiles. So fun to see the two of them together.
I can't even remember what was so funny, but boy it felt good to smile and laugh with a sweet friend!
I don't know if you have been to the airport lately, but in the middle of the waiting area is a huge dinosaur, and Tilly was just amazed!
Jason, thank you for sharing your sweet bride for an hour; I can't wait to meet you. Brooke, thank you for taking time to visit with us and for rearranging your flight schedule to make it possible! My life is sweeter and richer because you are in it.

1 comment:

brooke mardell said...

Oh my friend you are TOO PRECIOUS FOR WORDS! I love love love these photos with Tilly ... I fell in love with her instantly (not surprising!). So so thankful for the gift God gave ME in seeing YOUR face that afternoon.