Thursday, March 22, 2012

Meeting McKinley.

Friday morning, the children and I hit the road early headed north to Cleveland, Georgia, so we could meet the newest member of our family.  We were finally able to meet McKinley.  The children were so sweet.  
This picture reminds me of the big 3 not so long ago meeting their baby sister, Story, for the first time.  
There's just nothing like a new baby!  I love Summer and Tilly's little faces at their look at the sweet, sleeping babe.  
Is there anything more perfect?  I think not!  She is so tiny, a whopping 3 pounds smaller than Carter and Summer were at this age!  
She was a really good sport and didn't seem at all overwhelmed by our fabulous four.  
Story was oh so sweet with her.  She kept saying in this really cute, New Orleans' accent, "Hey baby!"  I love it!  
Story kept pointing to her eyes, nose, mouth, and head, naming each part as she went.  
This was my most favorite picture of the entire day.  Look at that.  So much is being said with Tilly's big brown eyes and her gentle touch.  I love love love the way she is looking at McKinley.  
And then she woke up!  Look at how alert she is.  I think she looks so much like her big sister, Haleigh.  
McKinely, we are so thankful we were finally able to meet you and hold you.  Next time we see you, you will be so much bigger and will have learned so many new tricks.  
When there's a baby, you know there are probably grandparents close by, and our trip was no different.  We got to see Mama and T, what a treat!  I didn't get a picture of T with the children, but I was able to capture a few with Mama.  Here are Carter and Summer with Mama.  
And here's Mama with her mini me, Tilly.  Can't you see they have the same pretty brown eyes?  I love that!  Tilly was pleading with me about something, I can't even remember what it was now, and Mama asked me, "How in the world do you refuse her?"  I'd say Mama is a little smitten with Miss Tilly!  Aren't we all?  

1 comment:

The Baughers said...

Precious, precious!! I love this post and reading about your spring break-what a blessing to see all your family!