Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Break, 2012. Part one.

After 5 states, almost 2,000 miles, visits with both families, we are home.  Safely and thankful.  Spring break is over, but boy was it fun!  For the first leg of our break, we headed to Arkansas to see Papa, Gigi, and Aunt Karen.  I can't believe it, but we have not traveled to Arkansas since last summer, so we were long overdue for a visit.  It was short, but oh so sweet!  I did not do a great job of capturing very many posed photographs (with 4 children, it's a lot of work!), but I did manage to snap a few of my cuties.  
Carter and Summer.  She looks thrilled, and he's looking at something way more interesting over my shoulder, ha!
While we were outside playing, this little bird was talking on the roof and eventually got closer and closer. 
And closer, until he landed comfortably on Papa's shoulder.  The children were amazed!  
Someone is obviously missing a pet.  Papa walked to a couple of the neighbors' houses, but no one knew who he belonged to.  We went inside for supper, and after we came back out, he had left, so hopefully he found his way home.  
The next day, we went to play at the park.  Our children love love love playgrounds.  Most do!  Carter, Summer, and Tilly left to conquer the spider.  
Story and I stuck to the slide.  I had so much fun sliding with this sweet thing!  
Tilly rarely stops to smile at the camera, so I was loving that I caught this sweet one on camera!
Summer has mad upper body strength and loves to do the monkey bars!  David and I just watch in amazement!  
A picture of me with the 4 cuties.  So sad that Story is in the shade because it's rare to get them all looking AND smiling!
We sort of had a picnic lunch.  The children didn't want to stop long enough to eat much, but the food sure was delicious!  
The challenge of the day was the rock climbing wall.  Carter and Summer both mananged to defeat it!
After this picture, Summer proceeded to climb over the top and go down the other side.  No fear!
Love this handsome face!
Carter and Story zipping down the slide.  I'm pretty sure she won!
Papa and Gigi giving the fabulous four a ride on the merry-go-round.  
Thank you, Papa and Gigi, for a fun few days in Arkansas!  We loved spending time with you and look forward to seeing you both very soon.  

No comments: