Thursday, March 01, 2012

McKinley Jade Holland

My third niece was born today.  Wow.  Is there anything more amazing in all of God's creation than the gift of a baby?  I think not.  Wow.  He really shows off, don't you think?  I remember like yesterday when Haleigh and Zoie were both born, and I thought there was nothing better in the world than being an aunt.  Becoming a mother myself definitely proved me wrong, boy did it!  Nothing can prepare you for the gift of motherhood.  Nothing.  It's the best thing.  Ever.  I'm sad I was not there today to see my sister becoming a mother for the third time.  Thankfully, her dear friend, Abigail, took some really sweet pictures for those of us who couldn't be there.  So thankful!  I think you can go here and see all of the wonderful pictures.  I mean look at this sweet face.  
McKinley Jade Holland
born at 7:49 AM
7 lbs 8 oz 18 3/4 in
Proud parents, Scott and Noelle.  You see where Tilly gets her pinprick dimple?  Ha!  
Party of FIVE!
Here are Haleigh and Zoie meeting McKinley for the first time.  This is my second favorite part of giving birth, when the siblings meet the baby for the first time!  Oh, so sweet!  I vividly remember the looks on their faces when they met each other for the first time.  What a gift.  
Then there's T!  Our mother, grandmother of SEVEN!  I bet she never dreamed she would have 7 grandchildren.  I love this picture of her with the new baby, so sweet.  
T with the three Holland girls.  She kept Haleigh and Zoie last night because Scott and Noelle had to be at the hospital ridiculously early.  Can you tell how much these girls adore their T?  
And there's the sweet face again just in case you forgot how sweet she looks.  I think she favors Haleigh, but they change so much over the first few days that you never really know.  She does have a head full of dark, curly hair like her momma and big sister!  
Welcome to the world, McKinley Jade!  I can't wait to hold you in a few weeks!  

No comments: