Saturday, May 12, 2012

Muffins with Mommy.

Friday, I got to have muffins with Summer and Tilly at their school.  What a treat!  We asked Daddy to take our picture before we headed off to school for the day.  
 It's hard to get a picture with everyone looking, but this was my favorite.  I love Summer's sweet smile and the way she is holding her baby sister.  And I adore the way Tilly is looking up at me.  I hope she will always look at me with such love and adoration.  
 I had to shuffle back and forth between the two rooms.  I went in Summer's classroom first because her class was doing a little program.  They sang a couple of sweet songs and then recited a poem about mothers.  
 Summer and Tilly were both interviewed by their teachers about me.  Here's what Summer had to say: My mommy is 14 feet tall and weighs 14 pounds.  (woo hoo tall and skinny!)  She likes to eat broccoli and watch TV.  Her eyes are green, and her hair is brown.  Her favorite TV show is the basketball game.  My mommy always says go clean your room.  She hugs me when I go to sleep.  My mommy is the best because God made her!  He made you too, sweet Summer, and I'm so thankful He did!
 I got to spend some time in Tilly's classroom, too.  Bottoms up!  
 Here's what Tilly had to say about me.  My mommy's name is Mommy, only Mommy.  She is 4 feet tall and weighs 45 pounds.  She likes to eat spaghetti and go exercise.  My mommy's eyes are a little brown, and her hair is black.  My mommy always says I love you.  She gives me a hug at night.  My mommy is the best because she loves me.  Yes, sweet girl, I do!  
 Here are all the cute little girlies in Summer's class at school.  

 And here is Tilly with her BFF.  
 These two girls love each other.  So much!  Tilly had a very special friend in Atlanta, and I worried that when we moved to Mississippi that she would never find another special friend.  Boy was I wrong, and boy am I ever so grateful!  
Tilly has found a very special friend.  As a mommy, I think you worry for your children and you hope and dream that they will make good friends, sweet friends.  You worry about the ones who will not be nice to them, and you hope that you can be enough to convince them of their worth.  It's so nice when a little friend comes into your child's life to help them grow along the way.  
Summer and Tilly, I am so very proud of you both, and I'm so thankful I got to spend a part of my Mother's Day weekend with you! 

No comments: