Thursday, August 09, 2012

William Carey University graduation.

Last Saturday, I had the privilege of going to watch one of "our" girls walk.  Brittany.  We have really gotten to know her better this past semester, as she began teaching children's choir at our church.  She has watched the children on a number of occasions for us as well.  Tilly calls her "my best girl!"  We love Miss Brittany, love her.  So you can imagine that I was going to do everything in my power to watch her walk.  She is the first person in her immediate family to graduate from college, what a cool accomplishment!  Definitely worth celebrating.  
 Here you can see most of the staff at William Carey.  The graduates are about to begin filing into their seats.  
 Brittany is the blond blur in the bottom right corner of this picture.  Love her!  She is charming, witty, beautiful, and loves Jesus.  I mean she really loves Him.  I love that about her.  
 I realize most of these pictures look the same.  I got there early, but the place was packed, so I'm way up at the top, and my zoom lens would only reach so far, ha!  I like this picture because Brittany is smiling and talking to her friend on her right.  She is just below the second banner on the right.  
 Here is the president of the university, Dr. King,  giving his welcome and introductions.  Funny thing about Dr. King.  When our family was interviewing for the job at Hardy Street, we came to Hattiesburg a couple of times.  On one of our visits, we had a tour of the university on a golf cart given by Dr. King!  What a treat!  
Again, not a perfect shot, but here's Brittany receiving her diploma!  So proud of this girl, I am.  She got her degree in vocal performance, and in a few weeks she is going to begin her first big girl job as a choral teacher at a high school in Franklin County, MS.  We will surely miss her, but I so look forward to hearing how God is going to use her to impact the lives of the young people in her classroom.  We love you, Brittany!  

No comments: