Thursday, April 02, 2009

YES!

On this day, 8 years ago (wow, has it been that long?) my sweet husband asked me to marry him! March madness always makes me think of him and remember the sweet day when he asked me to be his wife. During March of 2001, we filled out our brackets for the college basketball tournament and agreed that the one who lost would have to do something to surprise the other! Lucky for me, I won! David surprised me by asking me to be his bride! (I wonder what would have happened had I lost!) Since that time, we have filled out our brackets together every year! It looks like I might beat him this year! I wonder if he will surprise me again, though nothing could top the surprise proposal! The thing about David is that he is full of surprises! You never know what he is going to do or say! I love this husband of mine because he has the biggest heart and he is always doing sweet things for the children and me! I am so thankful that he asked me to be his wife! I would say, "Yes" to him all over again!

2 comments:

Garretts said...

how cute. loved reading this sweet post. we do brackets every year too!

Anonymous said...

oh, happy anniversary!!