Monday, May 25, 2009

Traditions in the make

I love my sweet little family, I love long weekends, and I love living in the big city! I love many other things too, but these are fitting for this blog post! We have had such a fun weekend! Friday night, we enjoyed some lazy time together! Saturday we hit the stores! Shopping with three little people is no small feat either, which would probably explain why we were not very successful! Sunday after worship and naps, we took the children to a local park to play! Carter and Summer had so much fun! Tilly rode in the car with Daddy to get Popeye's! What is a Memorial Weekend without fried chicken? David and I are partial to Popeye's anyway after our time in New Orleans! We ate many meals at the Popeye's on Elysian Fields! Two can dine for $5.99! As Carter would say, "It is delicious!" Today, we took Carter, Summer, and Tilly to the Varsity for the first time! What fun! I think the chocolate ice cream was a big hit with the children; even little Miss Tilly had her first taste! David and I are all about creating new traditions for our family. We have quite a few already, but we are loving making new ones along the way! I think as long as we are in Atlanta, we will head to the Varsity on Memorial Day to hear those sweet words echoing down the line, "What'll ya have?"

Carter was pointing at the train as it passed!

Summer going up the steps to the slide!

This picture needs no caption; I thought it was precious!
Carter going down the slide!

Eating yummy chocolate ice cream at the Varsity!

Summer saying, "Cheese!"

Tilly's new favorite thing to do is clap! She loves to clap when we say, "Yea, Tilly!" It is so sweet!
Tilly wanted to wear a Varsity hat too! Can you see her "fang" teeth on the top?

2 comments:

Garretts said...

I can't think of a much better tradition to start. Jack had his first taste of Frosted Orange at that very same Varsity on Sunday! What a wild coincidence?! I hope I can get the pics up tonight.

Cari said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!!! I can't wait to see all of you guys in a week and a half!!!!! The beach here we come!