Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Carter's Special Day

It seems we have been celebrating Carter's birthday for the entire month of May! We had his school party earlier in the month, we took our annual family trip to the zoo, and my sister and her family came to church one Sunday and we celebrated over lunch. Today is Carter's actual birthday. I remember as a little girl my mom waking me up on the morning of my birthday singing "Happy Birthday" to me! I also remember getting to choose where we went for supper on my special day. Being the traditionalist that I am, we are continuing the trend. This morning, all of us sang the birthday song to Carter! (However, I do look forward to being the one to wake him up instead of the other way around!) He was beaming from ear to ear! He loves the birthday song, especially when it is for him! Tonight, Carter got to pick supper, so we had cake and ice cream! I am serious!! It was awesome! He was so excited to open his presents; he kept saying "Wow!" or "This is cool!" or "I love it!" Also, I think he has a new love, Thomas the Train! We have had a train table for a while now, but no trains! Thank you, "T," for Carter's trains! He loves them, maybe not more than George, but he loves them! It was really sweet! My favorite thing he said tonight was, "I am so excited! I am not two any more!" Precious!

Opening his card from Mama (my grandmother)!
We are all singing to him at this point; he was so excited!
Summer was lovin' the ice cream and cake supper; she had seconds!
Mommy with the birthday boy! Daddy was the photographer of the night; he took care of everything! David is the best daddy ever!
Little Miss Tilly taking part in the birthday celebration! Don't worry, she did not have cake and ice cream for supper, mashed potatoes and yo-baby instead! Her big day will come in less than 3 months - Wow!

2 comments:

Garretts said...

Wow, Heather. What a busy and blessed family you have. I loved reading that Carter said he's not 2 anymore. I can't believe you'll be celebrating Tilly's first birthday in just a few months! Wow, wow, wow!

P.S. I like your idea about a Varsity date. Maybe we'll do that this summer!

Cari said...

What a fun day!!! I feel bad that we did not send anything but instead we just plan to bring his presents to Florida. Hope that is ok! Thank you SO SO much for having him call us tonight! That made my day. His conversational skills are getting really good! So impressed! I am excited about seeing you in all in about a week. Enjoy your LAST days of work!