Friday, January 29, 2010

Everybody has a story.

I guess it was college before I realized that I had one to share. It used to bother me that my story was not some incredible "come to Jesus" story, where a life or death situation caused me to seek Him, but really it was. . .I really did come to Jesus and the decision really did save my life. No, I did not give up sex, drugs, and rock and roll for Him or turn from some radical lifestyle I was living, but I did grow up in church my whole life, and I can't remember a time when I did not know Him and that's some story, don't you think?
We have a story too, he and I. You can read all about it here. It's some story, like a fairy tale, only it's the real thing.
This little guy has a story too, from even before he was born up until now at age 3 1/2. We pray most of his story is yet to be written, but the One who writes our stories knows where this little life will lead. We pray it will be a life and a story that honors and glorifies Him.
Our sweet Summer has a story of her own as well. New chapters are being added daily, in fact. We pray the One who created her will continue her story until she is perfected in Him. You can view many more of pictures of this sweet girl here.
That sweet smile and those big brown eyes tell a story of their own, don't you think?
Our little Miss Tilly has a story to share, too. The Lord has already worked in her little life to reach others for Him. Sometimes that happens in ways other than we wish or hope, but in the end He gets the glory anyway, and that's what it is really all about. You can read about that here. Her name like all of our children's names has a very special story. You can read that here.

I look forward to sharing many more stories with you about these sweet babies of mine.
You may be wondering where I am going with all of this, definitely taking a trip down memory lane. We romantics like to do that time and time again, but there is more to it. You see, I am carrying our fourth baby, another sweet girl - who up until a week ago was yet to be named. I agonized over what to name this sweet baby. I wanted her name to be special and meaningful because her brother and sisters have names that are special and meaningful to us. I wanted her to have her own story about how we came up with her name. A name is a BIG deal, after all. Last Saturday night, David and I were talking before bed and I was sharing with him how I was ready for this baby girl to have a name and how I wanted her to have a story of her own, one that we helped to write. He said, "Heather, that's it!" (You have to remember, I am carrying our fourth child, I teach full time, we have 3 children 3 and under, and I am a pastor's wife - not to mention I am from South Georgia, ha!) Sometimes, I am a little slow. "Huh?" He said it again, "That's it!" And then we both got emotional, of course that's it! Story is her name. Story Leigh. You see, everyone does have a story written by the One who knows us better and loves us deeper than anyone. We are just the lucky ones who have our very own real life Story, and we can't wait to meet her.
I can't help but to be reminded of the greatest story of all.
Tell me the story of Jesus,
write on my heart every word.
Tell me the story most precious,
sweetest that ever was heard.

6 comments:

CharCof said...

Excited to hear more about Story Leigh! While we are waiting for her story in this world to begin, check out this little Story - http://dreamingbigdreams.net/?p=3118

Kristy said...

Oh, Heather!! Precious!! Can't wait to see more of Story Leigh's story!!

You are such a blessing!! :)

Kristy

Abiding Journey said...

love it! love the name! incredible! just last week in one of my night classes, my students were sharing their "personal museums" and this same thought came to me. . .everyone has a story. i was so overwhelmed with their stories, and so convicted that i had just seen them as students and not one of God's children with a story. look forward to continually reading your story.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Katherine said...

Hey girl- I love the name and the precious story of how you came up with her name. Your family is beautiful and I love you girl-

Jodi Kendall said...

Heather, your family is so beautiful!!! And I love that you and my friend Lesley have bonded :) xoxo