Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Freckle Juice

In addition to dimples, I love freckles! Love them! My mom used to say to us when we were little, "A face without freckles is like the sky without stars!" Needless to say, I have lots of freckles. Maybe not as many as my redheaded friends, but still lots. Carter and Summer love freckles too. It is always an exciting moment when they discover a new one! Is it any wonder that this is the first chapter book I chose to read to them? I think not! This was one of my favorite books as a child. In fact, I enjoyed most of Judy Blume's books as I was growing up and developing a love of reading. Now, so far I don't recall any spiritual application, and I am having to omit a few words like "stupid" from the reading, but it's making for a fun time reading at night. So much fun in fact, this was Carter's prayer tonight after we finished chapter 1:
"Dear Lord, thank you for Jesus dying on the cross and rising again so that we might have life. And thank you for freckle juice, so Andrew can get some freckles."
At least, he got the most important thing first!

2 comments:

Cari said...

Love it! And love that I now have an iPhone so I can keep up with blogs although I'm back to work. Love you. See you in a month!!!!!!!!

The Baughers said...

How fun! I'll have to consider this book for the girls, even though I'm the only one with freckles so far! I've finally learned to embrace them...for they do come out so during the summertime! :) Carter's prayer is so sweet-that's awesome!