Saturday, August 28, 2010

So the coolest thing happened tonight.

I need to give you the background and the setting for the story, also known as the mundane details that we girls love to share. David was gone most of the day today working at the church, gutting an old building. That means, I was home, all day with our four little people. Looking back on it, the day went pretty smoothly, actually. Once David came home, we visited for a minute and then we joined our little people who were already fast asleep. Summer, who awoke first, came to wake the rest of us and would you believe it was 4:30?! Have I mentioned before that I heart naps, with a passion? We were planning to go for a swim this afternoon, but that didn't happen. I promise this is going somewhere, so stay with me! I was counting on going swimming to work on my tan of course, but even more importantly to get me out of the house. Since that didn't happen the way we planned, my knight in shining armor came to my rescue, once again. He's often doing that, you know because that's what knights do. After loading up our four little people (which includes enough details for a story of its own), we headed out without any real destination in mind. This drives our oldest crazy. He wants to know where we are going, when we are going to be there, what we are going to do while there, and how long we will be staying! I really have no idea where he gets that from. Isn't it strange how sometimes you see some of your not so attractive traits coming out in your children? We ended up at this place,
which was fine by me! We love Moe's! After enjoying our family supper, and meeting lots of stares (Yes, they are all ours; yes, we are family of six; yes, it was planned! Ha!), we headed home. I get so tickled when we go out in public because it's like we are our very own sideshow sometimes. Thank goodness our children are well-behaved for the most part, ha!
Okay, so this is when the cool thing happened, not that the other parts of our story aren't cool. We were less than a mile from home, when the bottom fell out of the sky. It started rain hard, big drops. The kind you just want to run out and play or dance in. A then, just before our very eyes, we saw this. . .
Sadly, we don't live on a tropical island, but I wanted a picture that showed the entire rainbow. It was beautiful, and the children were so excited.
The best part, it just so happened that the path to lead us home, took us right under the rainbow, amazing! I don't know that I've ever done that before. David made the statement, "Maybe this means, great things are just around the corner!"
Thank you, Lord, for allowing our family to see for ourselves a glimpse of Your greatness, a reminder of all of Your promises to us, and your deep love for us. We are sorry that we needed the reminder, but we are grateful You provided.

No comments: