Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tilly Brooke is turning two!

Tilly Brooke O'Dell, you were born on August 19, 2008, at 4:48 PM at Northside Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia. You weighed 8 pounds and 20.5 inches long. The same midwife who delivered Carter, Summer, and Story delivered you too!
You made this face the very first time I held you, and to this day you continue to make the same face, especially when you are sleepy or deep in thought.
I love this picture of Carter and Summer meeting you for the very first time. They were so excited to meet you. Now, you are no longer their baby sister, but their playmate, which is sweet most of the time. Just between us though, sometimes I think they are afraid of you because you are so very tough, often like a bull in a china shop!
Here you are at almost one month of age. These two years of your life have gone by so very fast, almost too fast for your mommy!
This picture was taken when you had surgery in November. Mommy and Daddy will one day sit down with you and tell you all about it. I love this picture because it is the first time I was able to capture your sweet smile on camera. How ironic that we were in the hospital awaiting surgery, I think not! The Lord knew I needed to see your sweet smile on this very day.
This picture was taken at the FBC Austell 1st annual Easter egg hunt. You were the only one of your siblings who would have their picture made with the bunny!
Mommy and her babies on Easter Sunday 2009. Story was not even a thought in our heads yet, isn't it amazing that God already knew her and was planning her arrival into our family?
You look so sweet here with your two bottom teeth. I remember this day vividly. I let all 3 of you stay in your pajamas all day! What a treat, we should do that more often.
This was your first trip to the Varsity. I love this picture because it shows your 4 teeth. You, like Carter and Summer, got your fang teeth (as we call them) on top first rather than your two middle teeth. We can't wait to see if Story will do the same.
Daddy took this picture of us at the beach. I was singing "Jesus loves me" to you. That song was such a comfort to me before and after your surgery.
"Little ones to Him belong. They are weak, but He is strong."
You were agitated, and the sound of the ocean and wind put you right to sleep in my arms. I loved every minute of it!
We took you, Carter, and Summer to the Mall of Georgia to meet up with the Hollands, along with Mama and T. You had such a fun time on the playground. I love this little smirk on your face.
My cowboy and two princesses.
You were dressed as Tinker Bell for the FBC Austell Fall Festival 2009.
This was taken at your first birthday party by my sweet friend and teaching partner, Miss Erica. It's hard to believe a year has passed already since that picture was taken.
The Heiskell School Fall Festival October 2009
You are no longer the baby of the family, but have been given the important role of being the big sister to Story. Already you are so sweet and surprisingly gentle with her. You love to bring her your lovey and toys to play with. You love to help me feed and burp her. I pray you two will grow up to be sweet friends.
This summer (2010) I took you to Scottish Rite Children's Hospital for a follow up ultrasound after your surgery. The cyst on your healthy ovary has gotten smaller, and you have been released from your pediatric surgeon's care. What a praise of His healing and mercy on our family!
Happy 2nd birthday, sweet Tilly!
Mommy and Daddy love you so very much, as do Carter, Summer, and Story. Thank you for bringing so much joy and laughter into our home just by being you. It is a treat to watch you interact with your siblings. I love that you still like for me to hold you and tuck you in at night. We pray that the Lord will capture your heart at an early age and that you will glorify Him with your sweet little life.

No comments: