Monday, August 30, 2010

Team Italy

For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to visit here:
I mean, who wouldn't want to? Gorgeous beaches, phenomenal historical sites, delicious food. I could go on. I don't even remember when my love affair for this country began. Maybe it's because so many great novels I have read are set there, and I just imagined myself as one of the characters in the story. Or maybe because some movies I have seen (before children) were set there and I was actually able to see the beauty of Italy. Anyway, if I could go anywhere, I would choose Italy, hands down, no question. However, the chances of me getting there any time soon are slim to none, so in the mean time I will dream and cheer on this little guy, who is the newest member of Team Italy. Coach Don called us this week to let us know that Carter has his very first soccer practice on Monday night, and we couldn't be more excited. We are trying not to hold it against Coach Don that he played soccer at Auburn. As long as he does not teach my little fella to say, "War Eagle," and as long as the team color is not orange, I think we will be okay. The plan for now is for all of us to go and cheer on this cute little soccer player. I will let you know how that turns out! Since I won't be visiting Italy myself any time soon, I will gladly spend my fall cheering for:Team Italy.

No comments: