Friday, August 13, 2010

It's almost time. . .

For a lot of things at our house:
  • Tilly's 2nd birthday.
  • The start of a new school year.
  • Back to school immunizations.
  • The h.o.t. weather to exit.
  • Post season baseball.
  • New hair cuts.
As important, if not more important that most things on this list (except for Tilly's birthday, of course) is football season! Oh, how we have missed you! If you don't know who we cheer for at our house, then you really don't know us very well at all. We bleed red and black through and through. When I was a kid, my parents had season tickets to watch the dawgs play, and on many occasions my little sister and I would get to go. I remember the forever long walk to Samford stadium from our tailgating spot, standing on the bridge for the dawg walk, entering the sacred ground of the stadium itself, surrounded by those gorgeous hedges, hearing the Redcoat Band playing "Glory, Glory to Ole Georgia," listening to Munson call the game, and finally seeing my beloved dawgs run onto the field. I even remember shyly walking up to the fence in hopes of shaking the hand of one Hairy Dawg. As an incoming freshman, I remember learning how to properly call the dawgs during freshman orientation on the steps of the Tate student center. As a graduating senior, I remember proudly standing (and sweating to death) in my black robe in those same bleachers where I sat as a child chanting "Georgia" "Bulldawgs!" When our first and only son was born, I remember proudly, with my sweet husband's blessing, decorating Carter's room in red and black with a picture of Samford Stadium hanging over his crib. This year for the first time, that sweet not so little boy will get to attend his first Georgia game with his daddy. He will get to experience Samford Stadium in all its glory.
It's almost time, to watch the dawgs play, and I couldn't be more excited about it!

No comments: