Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Cafe Du Monde, a trolley ride, and a picnic by the lake.

Warning, picture overload, but in my defense, there were so many moments to capture, and I didn't want to miss a thing!
Once Thursday (whew) was behind us, we were able to just enjoy being in this city we love. It was a must that we introduce our children to Cafe Du Monde.
Two words: powdered sugar!
Two more words: super delicious!
Sadly, Story did not get to partake in the sugary goodness, but she was such a good sport throughout our entire trip, I had to include her in this post.
Summer is not shy; she dove right in.
Even Carter, our cautious one, was not afraid of the sugary mess; notice the evidence on his sleeve.
And Tilly, well she was just in awe the entire time. I think she was up to her elbows in the powered sugar.
Next we hopped on the trolley for a quick ride.
This sweet man offered to take our picture. I guess he was not as interesting or as cute as Crystal from the quarter because everyone didn't look at him, ha!
Our trolley ride was short-lived because our driver let on the entire British population, and it was ca-razy! We bailed at the first chance. I love this picture of Story. She was really just the sweetest, happiest, most content little thing on our trip. Tilly, on the other hand - well, just look at her sweet face! She is a hot mess!
After jumping off the trolley, we made our way over to this place. The parking lot was slammed, so we opted to get our order to go.
And this would be my second shrimp poboy in less than 12 hours. I'm not ashamed. Don't worry, I shared with the children!
We enjoyed our picnic beside this amazing sight, Lake Pontchartrain. David and I used to walk down by the lakefront and sometimes picnic when we lived here. It was so fun to relive some of our favorite memories of New Orleans with our children.

No comments: