Thursday, November 04, 2010

I almost forgot!

The rest of the story. Friday after naps, we drove around the city some more to see the sights, our old apartment building, the church where we were members, and other favorite spots. Then, we headed to this place.
I know. I know. Eating chicken in New Orleans. But you don't understand. You've never had a chicken finger til you've had a Canes' chicken finger. And their sweet tea, well there are just no words. It was as good as we remembered.
As we were driving through our old neighborhood, we noticed that this place was open. We were so excited for our children to witness first hand a New Orleans' sno-ball. I mean, why not load them up on sugar the night before we drive 475 miles back Atlanta!
Story just being her usual cute, smiley self. I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty positive her daddy slipped her a taste of his sno-ball.
Cute sisters, cheesing!
My favorite wedding cake sno-ball. I get the same flavor every single time.
Carter is such a sweet big brother. Here he is sharing his red sno-ball with his sister. He's a boy after my own heart, loving the color red as much as I do!
Some more Story cuteness. Yea, there's the evidence. See the spoon on her top shoulder? I'm pretty sure if you looked closely, you would see some of her daddy's sno-ball syrup on it!
And then one last at the Black and Gold shop for a fleur de lis. I had one just like this on our jeep, which was our only car during our time in New Orleans. When we upgraded to the Mommy car, we decided she needed one too! What a sweet reminder of a special place.

No comments: