Friday, November 05, 2010

Hilarious hats at Heiskell!

If you happened to walk through the hallways of our preschool today, you were likely to see some very odd things on the tops of some of the children's heads. In honor of "H" week, children were encouraged to wear hilarious hats to school. If I make speak freely for a moment, these "special days" stress me out, ha! Some weeks it's all I can do to get lunches and snacks packed, school bags ready, clothes picked out, and teeth brushed much less pull off a couple of nursery rhyme characters or funny hats, whew! B.U.T. the children love it, I mean, they really do, so it's definitely worth it. I mean look at these sweet faces, so full of pride for their hilarious hats. I only remembered last night, so I took the hat my friend, Becky, lovingly made for Summer and added bows all over the front of it. Becky, we do not think your hat is hilarious at all, promise!
Carter wore the Razorback hat that David's father gave me the very first weekend I traveled to Arkansas (10 years ago) to spend time with David and meet the parents. It just so happened the hogs were playing the dawgs, so we practiced calling the dawgs while wearing our hog hat!
Handsome fella. He was confused about being allowed to wear the hog hat. I explained to him that for hilarious hat day anything goes, ha! And, I told him if the hogs are not playing the dawgs, we like them.
Summer just does not want to look at the camera when she smiles. However, I am lovin' the squinty eye thing she has going on, so precious!
So, we survived hilarious hat day!

No comments: