Monday, November 01, 2010

Celebrate good times, come on!

You can read here all about David's big defense and how he wowed his professors with his amazing presentation of his paper. What he probably won't be glad I shared is that his professors were really very impressed with him. (It's my blog, so I can brag on my fella if I want to) They all had really nice things to say and applauded David on raising the bar for the DMIN program. Can I get a whoop, whoop! Now, this calls for some celebration, don't you think? Celebrate we did, New Orleans style. We began our celebrations at this place, which happens to be David's favorite place to eat.
I failed to take pictures of our food, but man was it divine. They have this crawfish corn chowder that is some of the most amazing stuff you will ever put in your mouth. I got a shrimp poboy, the first of many for our time in NOLA. David got the swamp pasta, and the children ate shrimp. Then, we just decided to ride around and see what we could see. Okay, I'm telling a fib. We knew exactly where we wanted to go, and when we saw this sign, we knew it was meant to be.
Now, in New Orleans, when the hot light is on, the staffers will give you one straight off the rack for FREE!
The children were so excited about their hats and watching the doughnuts come in on the conveyor belt. It's the little things, right?
We took our treats outside to enjoy them. And so we could be loud if we wanted to. You never know with our little people what's going to happen. Don't worry, this is not the end of our fun in the Big Easy, but it sure was the perfect way to celebrate a special day.

No comments: