Monday, November 15, 2010

End of the season.

No, not college football, not yet anyway, but it is the end of Team Italy as we know it. For this year anyway. This past Saturday, Carter had his last soccer game of the season. I seriously doubt that Carter will be an all-state soccer player in high school or go somewhere to play Division I. You never know though! What I do know is that he made some new friends, enjoyed running and being outside, learned some new skills, and was introduced to that important thing we call teamwork. Mission accomplished. We opted not to take the whole family to the final game of the season, as we learned from experience this created a hot mess. David took Carter, just the boys as we say, and managed to take a few pictures and referee at the same time. I told you he's a rock star.
Coach Don giving the children a pep talk. I love how Carter is looking at him, hanging on every word!
And he's off! Look at that runner's form.
Chasing after the ball with such determination.
Carter accepting his gift and trophy from Coach Don. What a special memory!
I love this picture of all their little hands together. Teamwork. Such a great thing.

No comments: