Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The last day.

Is it bad to start at the end? I don't know, but it's the freshest on my mind, and the pictures are the most easily accessible, so there. Friday morning, I remember waking up thinking oh, I'm so sad that today is our last full day of vacation, as Saturday was spent driving home and unpacking, all of those necessary, but not necessarily fun things. We began our last day with a trip to the splash pad at Destin Commons, and it was so much fun. We arrived right as it opened, so it wasn't too hot or crowded. The children, and some of the adults (ahem) had a great time!
Look at them go!
I love seeing little Lincoln in the middle of my big 3.
So. much. fun.
These two are best buddies.
Let's go!
My cute Tilly girl.
Sweet Summer.
I love this picture because Carter and Summer have begun to question if they were born at the same time because they are practically the same size, and they share a room, and they do everything together. It's hard raising children separately who were born just 14 months apart. Just before this picture was taken, Carter was asking me if he was bigger than Summer. He is, but not by much, and maybe not for long! They were both born big babies and have continued to be off the chart in height. It will be interesting to see their percentiles at the end of the summer when we take them for their check ups. Carter, don't you worry. You will always be the big brother, and I couldn't be more thankful!
Sharing a yummy icee.
And this is where my mostly chill Story hung out for the entire morning. She was so good.
Skip a few hours of suntanning on the beach, and it's almost supper time. David and the boys went deep sea fishing on Thursday, and David caught a 9 lb red snapper. That would be him on the tin foil covered in butter and some spices. Yummy!
That night after supper, we walked down to the beach for one last moment with our toes in the sand. We lamented that we had not done that every night. It really cools down at night at the beach, and it was just perfect.
Cheesing with my Story.
I heart him. I really do.
Papa and Gigi with our children. They are the ones who provided a week at the beach, and we are so thankful they invited us. We had such a wonderful time.
The big 3 playing on a piece of driftwood.
Our last stop of the night. Homemade ice cream at the beach. What could be more perfect? Thank you, Papa and Gigi, for an amazing week at the beach. We loved it, and we love you all the more for taking us.

2 comments:

Cari said...

I feel ya on not remembering everything. I am having to look back through the pictures to remember what all we did. And as the week went on my picture-taking declined! I wish we were back there too. And you can steal any picture you want! I hope to get them uploaded to snapfish soon. Now I am off to write about day three...

The Riddle's said...

We went to Destin too at the end of school. Played at the Destin Commons too. Hope y'all had fun.