Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Charlotte.

I know you're thinking, man there are a lot of characters on this beach trip, and you couldn't be more right. The thing about Charlotte is we go way back. Don't you remember reading this as a child? I loved the story of the pig, the spider, and the girl named Fern. It was an easy choice for a novel to read with my big 3. We have been reading it for a long time, though, and we are almost done. In fact, we only have one more chapter, so we should finish up this week. They are loving it, especially Carter. I am thinking he is going to have my passion for books, which I love! We are thankful to Aunt Karen and T, who readily keep us supplied with books!
So, what does Charlotte have to do with our trip to Grayton Beach? I thought you'd never ask. David and I went out on a date Thursday night when he returned from deep sea fishing. It was kind of late when they returned, and we were pretty tired, so we didn't go far, and we weren't out late. When we got home, we almost walked right into this. . .
Can you see her? The picture really does not do it justice. The web and the spider were HUGE! Thank goodness, we spotted it first. I love Charlotte's Web, but I do not like spiders. At. All. They have way too many legs.
Anyway, back to the story. I could not resist. I ran inside and got Carter and Summer out of bed to see Charlotte. They thought it was awesome! In fact, just the other day out of the blue Summer asked me if Charlotte came home with us, so cute! What a fun memory.
Well, that pretty much wraps up all of our people, places, and things of Grayton Beach. What a wonderful week it was! Thank you, Papa and Gigi, for providing a super fun vacation for us. Next up on the blog, what we've been growing and cooking in the garden.

No comments: