Friday, June 24, 2011

Fun in the sun and fondue.

Most of our days were spent between the pool and the sea. I know, it's a hard life, right? Well, somebody's gotta do it.
These two kiddos riding in style to and from the beach and the pool.
Tilly loved playing in the sand and the water. She has no fear. None. Oh, to be a child again and just plop down in the sand. At what age does one stop liking the sand? I like it on my toes, but that's about it.
Sweet Summer. She loved the sand and water, too. Funny enough, our last time at the beach (two summers ago) she wanted nothing to do with the water. We've come a long way, baby!
Carter couldn't get enough, snacks, sand, water, treats, he loved it all! Each day at the beach, Carter, Summer, and Tilly made friends with other children playing. It warmed my mommy heart and reminded me of days growing up when my sister and I would meet new friends every summer at Tybee Island. Fun memories. Thankful to be making memories at the beach with my own children, as it was such a huge part of my childhood.
Monday night, Gigi had a special dessert treat for us. Our only instructions were to be ready to leave the house at 6pm wearing casual clothes! She was full of surprises all week, and it was so much fun. Now that I'm home, I'm kind of going through withdrawals, ha! If you've never been to the Melting Pot, you are missing out on a treat.
We enjoyed yummy chocolate desserts! So good!
Is Summer's face any indication of how delicious it is? I think so!
And these would be the treats we used for the dipping. I think my favorites were the strawberries and rice krispies.
Thank you, Gigi, for planning a fun evening to top off a great day!
And don't worry, there's definitely more where that came from.

No comments: