Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A few of my favorite things, lately.

It has been a while since I have posted about some of my favorite products, so I thought I would give it a whirl.  Around Christmastime, I started looking at and pricing fitness monitors.  One of my sweet church friends got the Nike Fuel for Christmas, and I loved the concept, but not the price, ha! Upon researching and looking, I found this pretty thing.  
It's called the Up band by Jawbone, and I love it.  I got mine in March when David and I went to Atlanta for the Timothy Barnabas marriage conference.  I had been saving up my money, and thanks to some extra earned from a consignment sale, I had enough to buy it.  The Up band monitors everything, including my sleep, which is my favorite part.  I knew I woke up a lot in the night, and boy do I!  The Up band syncs with my phone to tell me my daily activities.  I keep up with my steps taken, workouts logged, and sleep.  For my sleeping patterns, it tells me how long it takes me to fall asleep, how many times I get up in the night, and how many hours of deep v. light sleep I am getting.  Very enlightening!
My mother-in-law introduced me to this awesome product.  She gave me a bottle for Mother's Day, and we love it.  My girls may love it more than me.  I am a lotion fanatic.  I cannot shower or even wash my hands without lotioning up afterwards.  This product is perfect for me to use after my girls take their baths at night, too.  Thanks, Gigi!  We love it!

I am by no means a fashion and beauty expert!  In fact, I barely wear much make-up at all.  That's just not something I ever really got into.  However, I do love mascara, and I have learned the hard way that I cannot use mascara from the drugstore!  A few years ago quite by accident, I discovered , Definicils by Lancome, and I love it.  They were having a free gift that was really great, and I was all out of mascara, so I gave it a try, and it's my new favorite.  My lashes don't clump, and the brush easily glides over my lashes without any trouble.  Even this non make-up wearing girl can't mess this stuff up!  
It's no secret to those who know me well, that pregnancy ruined me for smells.  I was a perfume loving fool before the babies took over my belly, and now, three years since having a babe in my womb, I still have not found a fragrance on my skin that I can tolerate.  In fact, the way that I knew we were pregnant with Tilly was I walked into the faculty bathroom where I was teaching, and someone who had used the facilities before me had put on Coconut Lime Verbena from BBW, and I about lost my breakfast.  I called David to tell him the news!  He was freaked out!  Summer was barely sleeping all night, ha! All joking aside lest I yuck someone's wow by talking badly about their favorite smell, I will move on.  I am loving the smell of Gain. I use Gain to clean my counters, my floors and my clothes.  I cannot get enough.  I wish they made body wash and body lotion that smells like this stuff!  It's amazing! 

My sister-in-law told me about this great site while we were on vacation this summer at the beach, and I love it.  Sadly, I somehow missed out on reading blogs via and RSS feed before now.  I guess with Google reader going away and with the emergence of this site, I became more aware.  Before, I was just reading blogs via my blog roll and the blog rolls of others. Now, I have the neat little blog lovin' app on my phone, and  I will never go back!  Are you on bloglovin'? I am, and you can follow me, too!  Well, there you have it, some of my favorite things lately.  I'd love to hear about some products you're using that you're loving!

No comments: