Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Girl's night out!

A couple of months ago, David shared with me that we had two tickets to this event in our town.  
It's no secret that our family is a huge fan of Duck Dynasty!  We talked back and forth and debated about who would attend.  Finally, we agreed on the boys going to DD and the girls and I going on a date together.  
Saturday was actually a pretty lazy and laid back day for us, and we have learned not to tell the children about exciting things too far in advance, so we had not even breathed a word of our plans, until it was time to get ready.  Carter and David got dressed first and headed across town to their event.  He was so excited!
Meanwhile, the girls decided it was time for us to get prettied up, too!  The girls insisted on wearing dresses and having me fix their hair.  
Here they are all fancy for our girls' night out!
We chose this place for our supper, mostly because kids eat free on the weekends, ha!
I think they are over the picture taking at this point, but don't worry girls, there's lots more where that came from!
My Tilly girl.  Summer was such a big big helper on this night.  She took Story to the potty and got us all refills whenever we needed them.  
After supper, we headed over to Bops to use our free ice cream coupon from the VBS we attended with our friends the Joneses.  

Oh.  My.  Goodness.  That dimple!  

Tilly wanted to know what color her tongue was.  Multiple times.  I do have to share, for memory's sake.  I went to throw away our trash when we were done, and these two senior adult ladies were sitting in a booth and motioned me to stop by their table.  One of the ladies told me how precious she thought my girls were, and I told her I definitely thought so!  Then, she went on to say how well behaved they were and how sweet she thought they were being.  Melted my momma heart right there on the spot!
Our silly faces!
My girls and me.  Love them, I do! After what seemed like hundreds of selfies on the front porch, we headed inside for baths and mani/pedis.  Such a fun night with my girls.  
While we were sitting on the porch, Summer wanted to take a picture of just the two of us.  Tilly was our photographer for the moment.  Then, she wanted to use the app on my phone to make our picture "pretty."  She picked out the border, the text, and told me what to write.  Then, she told me that she wanted me to print the picture and frame it so she could hang it in her room!  Sweet, sweet girl!  I am sure there will come a day when she does not want to have her picture made with me, and I want to always remember this moment when she did and was proud to do it.  

No comments: