Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer's Day of Fun

Today, we celebrated Summer's big day! We are still in denial that our little girl is two, shouldn't Carter still be two? The time is going by way too fast and we feel the need to capture every moment. Carter has been at Camp Heiskell all week, so David took him to camp this morning. That left just us girls at home. Summer and I did our usual morning routine: wake up Tilly, eat breakfast, play, put Tilly down for a nap, shred, play some more, wake up Tilly, and play. Not to mention that all this time we are making constant trips to the potty in a valiant effort to potty train! My girl is doing great too; I should add! SO proud! David picked us up and we all went to get Carter from camp. Today was "water day," so he had a blast! CFA for lunch and then down for naps! I must interject that I heart nap times. Somehow, by the sheer grace of God I am sure, our babies all nap at the same time and I mean they nap - for 3 hours! After naps we are off for Summer's birthday supper at Willy's! Until the children are old enough to pick where they eat, Mommy and Daddy will gladly choose! We love Willy's! After supper, we celebrated with cookie cake, ice cream, and presents! What a fun day! Happy birthday, sweet Summer! We love you so much!

Mommy with the birthday girl; once again Daddy was the stellar photographer!

Summer's new stool with her monogram.


Opening cards from Papa & Gigi and T & Hart.
Our girl LOVES some cake and ice cream!

Carter enjoying the birthday sweets too. Little Tilly had to miss out on the festivities as it was past her bedtime!
LOVE this face!

4 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

You all have a precious family! Summer's dark eyes are just beautiful! I love two-year-olds! A great age to be! Happy Birthday Summer!

Thanks for the comment on my blog!

Casey said...

Such a sweet family.....I miss you all! Can't believe how fast time flies!

Cari said...

Looks like she had a fun day!!! In one on those pictures her mannerisms looks my mom...kinda weird!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to Summer, she is beautiful! What a great time with family, y'all are precious!