Thursday, August 06, 2009

Hudson Taylor Rowell

Have you ever met someone for the first time and you just knew that you would be friends forever? This is my friend Wendy. We met our freshman year of college and then lived together for 3 years at UGA with MK and Candace. We were all married within four months of each other and we now have 10 children between us with hopefully more to come. The newest member of our family was born yesterday!
Last night, while my family went to church, I drove to Northside Hospital in Atlanta, to see Wendy and meet baby Hudson Taylor! I have to interject and share that it was so surreal to walk into the hospital and not be delivering myself! We have spent the last 3 summers at Northside Hospital delivering babies. They were still in Labor and Delivery, too, because their room was not ready for them yet, so that made it even more strange for me. I went into the bathroom to wash my hands and the smell of the soap brought on so many wonderful feelings of nostalgia! It was fun to remember the births of my 3 babies for a moment, what special days they are for me! Now, back to Wendy. Hudson was born at 4:56 P.M. on August 5, 2009, weighing 8 lbs 9 oz and 20 1/1 inches long! He is perfect in every way! The first thing two things I noticed about him were first how much he looks like his big brother, Brennan, and (Hudson is the younger brother of Colman, 5, and Brennan, 3) the second thing I noticed about him, were the awesomest (I don't think that is a word, but it is fitting) dimples I have ever seen! Wendy and her husband, John, both have gorgeous dimples, so it is no surprise their new fella would be blessed with them as well! Thankfully, there were no other girls in the room with John and Wendy when I got there, so I did not have to take anybody out in order to get my hands on this baby! It was such a treat to meet baby Hudson and spend a few moments with the proud new parents. I remember where I was when John called to tell me that Colman, their first son, had been born. David and I were in New Orleans at seminary and I was sitting at the table in our red "dining room," and I remember being so sad that I was not closer to my friend. Thankfully the Lord saw fit to lead us to ATL after seminary! I have loved being close to my girls! When Wendy's second son, Brennan, was born I got to see him the same day, what a treat! Wendy has come to the hospital for the births of all of my babies, and I loved being able to be there for her yesterday! I love this sweet family and since they have 3 boys, I am confident we can arrange two marriages with them for my Summer and Tilly. Now for the moment you have been waiting for, pictures of this handsome fella!

Look at that sweet face! I wish the dimples were showing, so you could witness firsthand their awesomeness!
Here I am holding the sweet thing! Thank you, John and Wendy, for letting me share in your special day. My prayer for Hudson Taylor is that God will use him to rock the nations much like his namesake!
Wendy with little Miss Tilly the day after she was born! Tilly adores Wendy!
Wendy with Carter after Summer' birth; he looks so tiny! MK was there too, but I don't have those pictures! Thank you, Wendy for sharing in my special days! It was a joy to share in yours! Love you!

No comments: