Thursday, August 20, 2009

With love from Miss Courtney

The Whitmire family joined our church and was baptized (all of them together; it was awesome) not long after David became the pastor at FBC Austell. We love this family so much! They have been the biggest blessing in our lives. Mr. Duane has fixed SO many broken things in our home and built some new things too. Ms. Jeanne has been taking care of our children while David and I work. Courtney and Ashley have been babysitting for us so we can have the occasional date night! Words cannot express the love and gratitude in our hearts towards this precious family. The following blog post was written by Miss Courtney on her facebook page and I just HAD to add it to our blog! Courtney is leaving next week to go to the University of Maryland. We are going to miss her greatly and frankly, we don't know what we are going to do without her. We pray the Lord will go before her and prepare the way and that He will direct her steps while she is so far away from home. We love you, Miss Courtney! Thank you for loving our children!
I am thankful for the little people God has put in my life. They are innocent and pure and not corrupted by the negative world surrounding us!! Carter, Summer, and Tilly are breaths of fresh air!
Momma (Ms. Jeanne hehe) brought to my attention the look on Sweet Summer's face when I play with her, i.e. letting her brush my hair, watch me put on make up (she gets to hold a make up brush and she LOVES IT!!), or singing with her--she just looks up in amazement and is so happy when I spend time with her. "Play with com-puter Ourtney?" is a frequent phrase from that girl!! She makes the best surprise face ever :-0 !! My favorite noise is her laugh, it is genuine and a great belly laugh. :-D
Today was a GREAT day with them, I hope tomorrow (my last day with them) is as great as today was! Carter randomly gave me a hug when I was laying on the couch, kissed my cheek, and said "I love you Miss Courtney"-- THE sweetest thing ever. You will never meet a more polite 3 year old, yesterday he said "Thanks Miss Courtney for decorating for Ms. Jeanne, it was sweet!" He also enjoys helping me, like today he helped me bring in the groceries! (Get that image...a 3 year old carrying a gallon of milk..no-that is not against child labor laws.) He is so smart, and makes me do double takes everyday with something new he's learned. It is amazing.
I remember last year when Ms. Heather was pregnant with Tilly. I am blessed to have witnessed when she learned to turn over, crawl, crawl super fast, furniture surf, and now walking 5-10 steps at a time!! She turned one yesterday and celebrated with my momma's 50th birthday. You can be having what you think is the worst day ever, look at Tilly's precious grin with her new teeth and fall in love!!! She, too, has learned the surprise face and will soon be a master :-D She is so sweet and full of love. When she wakes up from her nap, she HUGS you. And you can't wait to let her fall asleep just so when she wakes up you can get that hug!!
These children are amazing. And their parents are too!! I pray that my brother & sister's (& cousin) babies have personalities as original as Carter, Summer, and Tilly have.
And I am excited to see how much they have learned and how much they grow when I come home in December!!!


No comments: