Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas tells of Jesus.

Born so long ago.
Little baby Jesus, O I love Him so!
Today, Carter, Summer, and Tilly participated in the Heiskell School's Christmas program, and how very sweet it was. There are few things sweeter to a Mommy's ear than hearing her children sing about Jesus.
Tilly's class, The Builders, were first. They sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Christmas Star" and "Christmas is Such a Happy Time." Our Tilly girl sang out and did a great job. Though I think she had more fun after her singing was over, and you'll see why in just a moment. Tilly singing with her classmates.
Another photo of Tilly with her friends.
Carter and Summer participated in the larger Christmas program. They sang "Little Gray Donkey," "Christmas Tells of Jesus," "Away in a Manger," "There is a Redeemer," "Joy to the World," and "We Wish You a Blessed Christmas!"
Here are Carter and Summer lining up with their classes. Yesterday for dress rehearsal Carter and Summer got to stand beside each other, which was a treat. However, apparently Carter was being quite the "big brother" to Summer, so they were separated today, ha!
Getting ready to sing!
Summer spotted Daddy here. Love that sweet smile.
Carter and Summer singing one of their many songs.
This is where Tilly ended up during the Christmas program, on the lap of Mrs. Heiskell, the founder of our school, who just celebrated her 92 birthday this year. What a special treat to have her and Mr. Heiskell (seated to her right) attend our program. Tilly loves to be held, so I'm not sure who had more fun, Mrs. Heiskell or Tilly!
And this is where Summer noticed just how many people were in the gym watching her sing, and she freaked out!
So much so that she had to be taken off the risers, poor girl. I was so surprised because she is not usually like this. They sing again tomorrow, so here's to hoping for a better day. The children did such a great job, and David and I were so very proud of them!

1 comment:

Cari said...

Poor Summer! I was the exact same way. I refused to walk down the aisle of the church for my Kindergarten graduation because of all the people. My mom had to come walk down the aisle with me after all my classmates had gone down. Ha! Then when I got up on stage I made all my classmates move down and make room for me in my 'original' spot. Good memories!! Love you guys.