Thursday, December 09, 2010

Pink Pig 2010

I love family traditions! I don't know what it is, but I just love them. Doing the same thing at the same time year after year. I think it's the consistency or the predictability of it that I like. I do enjoy surprises, but I think I enjoy predictability even better. My husband, on the other hand, thrives on surprises! A tradition I remember as a little girl growing up was coming to Atlanta each holiday season to ride the pink pig. This is a tradition I have enjoyed passing along to my children. So, for the third year in a row, we loaded up our party that seems to get larger each year and headed to Lenox Mall to ride the pig. We attempted to ride the Friday after Thanksgiving while David's parents were here, but that was not meant to be, as it was too close to nap time and too long of a line. David, knowing that I needed to have a plan, promised to pick us up one day after school with Story in tow, so we could ride the pig. He kept his promise and ride we did! Carter and Summer both thought it was "super fun!"
The famous pink pig, an Atlanta tradition.
Waiting in line with my girls to get on the pig.
Waving bye to Daddy and Story.
My Tilly girl and I rode together in a seat. I honestly didn't trust her to ride in a seat with her siblings, ha!
Carter and Summer rode in the seat in front of us.
One last smile for Daddy before we started our second trip around. We had a buy one get one free coupon!
I held the camera the second time and attempted to get a picture of us in the mirrors.
Look at that hottie waiting on us to get back around. He is such a good sport to put up with me.
Priscilla is name of the famous pig. There was a character version dressed up at the beginning of the ride, but my children were having none of that. You'll see more about this in a later post when we tell about Santa, ha!
Our four little ones after the pink pig ride. And now for the silly face! I love how Story is looking over to see what these crazy kids are doing!
Posing by the Priscilla sign before headed home, stickers and ornament in hand for souvenirs.

No comments: