Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's my birthday!

And it felt like I celebrated for a week! On my actual birthday, we were in Marmaduke, Arkansas visiting friends and allowing David time in the woods with hopes of killing something, anything! My sweet friend, Melani, planned a surprise birthday dinner with some of my favorite girls. One very special friend did not get to go because she and her sweet daughters kept my four children for me, thanks Lorie, Bethany, and Hannah. It wasn't the same without you there!
Here we are just before it's time to go. Tilly is a big Melani fan.
I think it's reciprocated a wee bit.
We ate at this yummy place in Paragould called Brick Oven Pizza. I have never been there before. In fact, when we lived in Marmaduke, this place did not even exist!
My birthday celebrations came to an end last night, when I went out with these two girls, whom I love dearly. Mary Katherine (MK) and Wendy were two of my college roommates for three years, and thankfully the Lord has seen fit to have us live close to each other for this season. I am more thankful than words can say. They have been the sweetest friends to me through some pretty crazy seasons in life as well as some pretty amazing ones. The three of us got married within four months of each other, and it was so fun to share our wedding season together. I have been pregnant with Wendy once and Mary Katherine twice. Last night, these precious friends treated me to a birthday dinner and girl's night out. David definitely gets some thanks too for staying home with our four little people. Not many daddies can do what he does! Wendy took us to this place, and it was so fun and so girly and so European! For a moment, we thought we'd escaped to the other side of the Atlantic! Best of all was just a chance to have uninterrupted conversation with these precious girls. What a gift! I have some sweet friends to thank for helping to make my 33rd (gasp!) birthday pretty special!

No comments: