Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Lenten project, week 6. Happy Easter!


Day 35. Thankful for the cross. Thankful for the freedom and peace and joy and hope and redemption it offers. Thankful He endured it for me.
Day 36. Thankful for these sweet girls, my college roommates. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without either of them. Thank you, Lord, for these sweet friends.

Day 37. Thankful for sweet smiles on precious faces. Thankful dimples and new teeth. Thankful for cuddle time with my littlest girl. Thankful for little hugs and sloppy kisses.

Day 38. Thankful for these two who are just 14 months apart and don't know life without each other. Thankful for their sweet pillow talk at night. Thankful for the sweet way they play together and share. Thankful for the sweet way they take care of their younger sisters. Praying they will always be sweet friends.
Day 39. Thankful for this man who is not only my love, my partner in life, the amazing daddy to my children, my best friend, the one who makes me laugh better than anyone, my favorite, but also my pastor. Thankful to sit under his teaching every week. Thankful for the way he brought the Word to life this morning with passion and love. Thankful the One who created us also saw fit to bring our lives together over 10 years ago. Praying for God to give wisdom daily to David, to direct his steps, to encourage his heart, and to show me how to love him more.Day 40. I've been wrestling with how to finish up my 40 days of gratitude. Outside of what Jesus did for me on the cross, the thing I am most thankful in this world is my family. This weekend we were visiting my grandmother, and both of those things came together so beautifully for me. I am thankful for this little church in Portal, GA. It is where my mom was taken every Sunday by my grandparents. Having her faith established at an early age led her to have my sister and me in church every time the doors were open. I am thankful for the church. Thankful for mine and David's ministry in the church. Thankful to raise my children in the church. Praying they will come to know the Lord at an early age, as their mommy and daddy did. Thankful for this church, where so many years ago my grandparents faithfully took my mom and her 3 brothers and where I have spent many Sundays on the back row with them. Thankful that one day Jesus is coming back for His bride. Thankful in the mean time for the knowlege that He is alive and the hope that knowledge brings.

1 comment:

The Baughers said...

i loved your lenten project!! i'm reading One Thousand Gifts right now and it's all about giving thanks to God, for even the smallest details of life. Also, LOVE your Easter family pic-beautiful!!