Monday, April 11, 2011

Family date nights.

On Friday nights, we have a tradition of taking these adorable little people out to eat. We have a couple of stipulations for our place of choice: loud and fast! We always try to eat frugally when going out, so I don't really count that one. This past Friday night, we took them to Firehouse Subs. Have you ever been to one? One word. Meltinyourmouth. It is delicious! We haven't been in a while, and I had been craving it, so we went, and it did not disappoint, except that they put mayonnaise on mine, yuck! Now, I know some of you must be wondering how in the world it works taking 4 little people 4 and under out to eat. Let me tell you, we have it down to a science. First, get Tilly and Story placed in high chairs as soon as possible. Carter and Summer usually tag along and help Daddy order. This particular night, all of the children were seated with me while David went to get our drinks. These two "older" couples, stopped by our table on their way out to compliment the children. Don't you love it when that happens? I do! The two men stopped by first to look at Story. She loves to look at people and smile really big when we go out in public. Quite the charmer, I know. These two men where just ooohing and ahhing over our Story. Then they noticed the other 3 and were just commenting on how precious they all were. Really sweet. We said our good-byes, and then David came back to the table. I was telling him how these two sweet couples stopped by to compliment the children. I told him that one of the men asked me if they were all mine! We laughed, and then Carter said, "Yea, and then he said, 'bless your heart!'" Yes, my heart is so blessed and beyond full!

1 comment:

'The H Family' said...

i love this post!! because i can soo relate!! that is hilarious because we love firehouse and always seem to have 'good success' there too when taking the kids out to eat. there are some places that you just cannot be 'successful' when dealing with such little ones. the whole 'getting it down to a science' part is so true. there are times when i finally stop to take a breath from my routine and notice people just staring at me but to me it is just normal. and we only have 3!!! how you do it is beyond me...such a sweet family!!!