Friday, May 20, 2011

Flutter on over for Story's birthday!

Last Saturday, we celebrated Story's first birthday. I'm still trying to grapple with the fact that she is indeed, one! The party went off without a hitch. We loved spending time with our friends and family members, who were able to attend. We did our best to capture the moments of the big day, but at the end I realized there were some shots I failed to take, sad.
I love this sweet picture of her. In fact, I've already posted it once this week.
My grandmother was able to be there, which was so very special. I love this picture of Story with her Mama. She had just awakened from her nap, so she was still for a few minutes.
My mom and grandmother brought my nieces, Haleigh and Zoie. The cousins had so much fun together. Haleigh is notorious for creating photo ops.
Story had so much fun on the blow up slide.
Story loving on Gigi.
Carter was always close by to help out his little sister.
My roommate, Wendy, came with her boys, big and little. This handsome fella is Colman, her oldest.
Miss Jeanne and Dwayne came by to see the birthday girl. Can you tell how much she loves them?
And before we could blink, it was time for the cake, cupcakes that is!
Summer was quite excited.
But no one was more excited than this little one. She inhaled her cupcake, all. of. it.
After the cupcakes, we played some more.
Story with T.
Sweet birthday girl!
I love this picture of John and Wendy. They are expecting their fourth boy this summer, and I can't wait to meet their newest little guy. With my 3 girls and their 4 boys, surely we can find a match, ha!
4 generations of girlies, so fun! Can you believe it that I didn't get a picture of David and me with the birthday girl? Guess we will wait until next time :)
Happy birthday, Story! We love you!

1 comment:

His Doorkeeper said...

I was looking at my site meter this a.m. and saw your blog as one that had referred someone to my blog so I came over to see who you were! And when I saw your header coming in, I said "OH my, what a BEAUTIFUL family!!" Such precious children you have!

Love the picture of Story with your grandmother!! Such a keepsake picture for Story to have someday!

Thank you for my blog listed under"People I love to read about"! It was good to "meet" the beautiful O'Dell family! (I bet you are a great teacher!)

Blessings!