Sunday, May 01, 2011

Summer's debut.

Last Tuesday, our very own prima ballerina, Summer, had her very first ballet recital at The Heiskell School. She could not have been more excited, nor could we! Tuesday after naps, Summer and I rode over to Miss Lou's house, so she could help us with the dauting task of putting our little ballerina's hair in the official ballerina bun. And would you believe it, but I forgot my camera. However, plenty of documenting took place once we got home and the night of the performance.
I love this picture of the big bro posing with his little sister. So sweet!
They really do love each other this much. I don't know what Summer and I will do when he goes away to college! Thankfully, we haven't turned 5 yet, so there's still some time to get used to that idea.
Our ballerina posing so sweetly in her "beautiful dress."
Giving the tutu a little twirl.
And there she is, our ballerina girl!
She did SO great! David and I were so very proud of her!
I love love love this precious look on her face, like she can barely contain her excitement.
Summer and me!
Story stayed with Miss Jeanne because we just didn't think we could keep up with all 3 of them by ourselves and really enjoy the show. Boy was that a wise decision because I ended up being the backstage mom, so David had to entertain Carter and Tilly, no small feat.
Summer with her daddy! Love this sweet picture!
Great job, Summer! Mommy and Daddy are so very proud of you, and we look forward to watching many more ballet recitals of you! We love you to the moon and back!

2 comments:

Cari said...

What a sweet princess!! Can't wait to see her soon :)

The Baughers said...

how precious Heather!! she's a beautiful ballerina and i love her sweet smile!!