Monday, April 02, 2012

the Lorax.

This weekend, Carter and Summer got to go to the movies for the first time.  Ever.  I know!  Shame.  Last May, when we took Carter on a date for his birthday, our plan was to take him to a movie, but there just wasn't anything decent playing.  And, in our defense, we've been busy raising babies for the last 5 years, and there just hasn't been much of an opportunity for the theater.  In fact, David and I can count on one hand the number of movies we have been to since Carter was born.  I guess other things just take precedence.  And I'm pretty okay with that.  But you know the coolest thing?  Our awesome children did not even know they were missing out.  Well, until now, that is.  Carter and Summer had so much fun.  I loved watching them.  We saw The Lorax.  It was okay.  I didn't really love it, and I probably would not have chosen it for their first movie, but they loved it, and that's what matters, right?  


The whole reason we ended up at the movies this weekend was because Summer was invited to a birthday party for one of her sweet friends at school.  She didn't even know what the party was all about, but she has been talking about it for weeks.  I had never heard of having a party at the theater, but this place in town does it up right.  There's a party room and everything.  I do have a funny story that I want to remember about Summer's first movie.  Just a few minutes into the movie, one of the characters said the word "stupid."  Summer GASPED, really loudly!  SO funny!  I heard several snickers around us.  Ha!  I love love love that our children think it's such a bad word.  It is, too.  


While we were waiting on the movie to start, the children got to decorate crowns in the lobby.  Here is Summer with the birthday girl.  It was such a nice birthday party, and the family hosting was so very gracious.  


Carter was most excited.  I hate that this picture is so blurry, but can you see the excitement on his little face?  Summer was so excited to have her big brother along, and she didn't mind a bit that he was at the party of one of her friends.  I wonder if this will always be the case?  These two are oh so close!  I only captured these few pictures with my phone, but I definitely wanted to document their first movie.  It's kind of a big deal. So thankful I got to experience it with them.  
 I remember my very first movie.  E. T.  At the Statesboro Drive-In.  Yea, buddy!  

No comments: