Friday, January 04, 2013

Christmas break! (lots to catch up!)

David's illness led right up to the children getting out of school for the Christmas holidays.  I desperately want to remember those days, especially because so many of the events of that week are such a blur! In an effort to remember, I will play catch up for the next few blogs posts. 
Tilly ended her semester first.  She actually got out of school on the day David had his surgery.  In fact, I left the hospital to run get her (Tilly's school is right next to the hospital), and while  I was gone, for not even 10 minutes, they took David back for surgery.  Tilly had her class party.  I was unable to attend, but I'm so thankful to Ella's mommy for sending me this adorable picture of our girls.  
Summer and Carter had to attend school for three more days after Tilly.  David's Aunt Karen was in town with us for those days, so that enabled me to attend both Carter and Summer's Christmas parties.  I was so very grateful!  Summer's class decorated cookies before eating their treats.  
While Summer's party was in full swing, Mrs. Pittman was reading a Christmas book to Carter's class, just across the way.  I was able to peek and snap a quick picture.  
Carter with one of his very favorite friends, Peyton.  He and Peyton also played flag football together, and they attend Boy Scouts together as well.  The children normally wear uniforms to school, but they were encouraged to wear some Christmas clothes for their parties, how fun! 
Summer's class recited a portion of Luke 2 for all the mommas at the party.  So sweet!
Wednesday was the last day of school for everyone!  Tilly, Story and I went to pick up the big two while David and Aunt Karen were at his second ENT appointment.  We celebrated the end of the semester with a Happy Meal picnic on our front lawn.  I'm lovin' it! 
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: