Monday, January 07, 2013

A trip to the real salon!

Just before we traveled to Arkansas for Christmas, Aunt Karen helped me take the girls and myself to get a much needed hair cut at the salon, what a treat!  At our church in ATL, a sweet lady (Miss Lou) cut all of our hair in her basement, where she had a salon set up.  Then, Miss Bridget, our friend at our church here has cut the girls' hair several times in the barber chair that belongs to our church.  Story has never been to a salon before, and Summer and Tilly have only been one other time, so this was a big deal for them!  
As you can tell by the look on her face, Story was not at all sure about this little lady cutting her hair.  
In fact, Story only lasted about five minutes in this chair.  It was quite a sight.  The cute little lady was literally running around after Story trying to get her hair straight, ha!  Next time, we will have to come with a bag of tricks or something!  
Tilly was a little freaked out that a boy was cutting her hair!  I told her that Mommy had her hair cut by a boy for a very long time.  That made her feel a little better.  Mr. Robin, his name has stuck with us, cut some longer layers in her hair, and it has really made it much more manageable.  
Summer loved every bit of her salon experience.  She was eating it up!  
Miss Leah curled Summer's hair when she was done cutting it, and it looked so very pretty!  Too bad her momma can't make it look like that.  Maybe they will learn how to do their own hair much sooner than I did.  After the girls got their hair cut, it was my turn.  Aunt Karen sat with the girls in the car watching a Barbie movie while I was pampered for a few minutes.  Don't you just love to have your hair done? I had not had a hair cut since last March, when I donated 10 inches of my hair.  I was debating growing it out again, but I ended up cutting about 4 inches, and I am loving the shorter do.  Next up, Christmas in Georgia!

No comments: