Sunday, January 06, 2013

Home for the holidays.

When David became sick, one of the things we were most saddened by was the thought that we would probably not be traveling to see our families for Christmas.  While I was not fired up about the 1800+ miles we would be traveling, we knew Christmas just wouldn't be the same without family.  Needless to say, we were thrilled and thankful when David came home from the hospital, and that was the best Christmas present.  Ever.  Wednesday, I was at the gym when I got a text from David saying that I needed to come home because we were going to follow Aunt Karen back to Arkansas.  What!  Here's what you may or may not know about my love.  He's a dreamer, and he loves loves loves surprises!  And he's completely recharged when he's with people, especially those he loves the most.  So, after I convinced him to allow me to finish my workout, we began the journey of getting our pack on!  And, we followed Aunt Karen back to Arkansas.  And we didn't tell his parents we were coming.  And I'm pretty sure they were a little stressed out, but mostly thrilled to have us!  
Our favorite stop along the way.  I jumped in the picture with my favorite little loves this time.  They are such troopers.  People ask me all the time how they are with all the traveling we do.  I tell people that our fab four don't really know any different.  We've been burning up the pavement all over the southeast their whole little lives, so they just roll with it!  Now, don't get me wrong.  We have our moments,  but I'm super proud of how they just roll with it!
 One of our favorite things to do during Christmas when we are in Arkansas is to visit the Capitol and see all the pretty Christmas decorations.  The children loved climbing the massive stairs and seeing all the sights.
 That's the future of America right there, folks!
 O, Christmas tree! I would not want to be the one to put the bow on the top of that one!
 Our four and David's sister's two children.  
While we were in Arkansas for Christmas, this girly turned another year older.  David and I got to have a lunch date at Panera, one of my favorites.  I told David I wanted to go somewhere girly and somewhere we couldn't eat at in Hattiesburg.  I've had many sweet girly dates with some of my favorite girls at several Panera locations around ATL.  
It's pretty hard to get a non-blurry picture of the five of us!  But, we tried.  
After our birthday celebration, we had our Christmas with David's family.  And I did not take a single picture.  Shame!  Guess there was just too much excitement going on.  The children were so excited and so much fun.  The next morning we headed back to Hattiesburg to have Christmas at our house before hitting the road again the day after.  More still to come. . .

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: