Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What I'm loving.

One my sweet friends and fellow mommy of four posted many months ago on her blog something that she was loving, and it definitely piqued my interest.  We live in an older home with the original hardwood floors, which I love, but they are so hard to keep clean.  And those of you who know me well can testify that I'm all about some clean.  This is my new toy, the Bissel Pet Vacuum, I bought it with an Amazon gift card from Christmas and some Amazon points I accumulated via Swagbucks.  If you don't know about Swagbucks, you are really missing out! I'd be happy to send you a referral, if you'd like.  Or, you can scroll down to the bottom of my blog and find my Swagbucks widget, and go from there!
I know this sounds super silly, but this vacuum has literally changed my life.  I was spending hours each week sweeping and mopping.  I've vacuumed the whole house twice now since I got my new toy, and it takes me less than an hour!  Awesome!  This got me to thinking.  Because my friend shared about something she loved so much, I benefited from it, greatly!  I thought I would share a few other things that I am really loving these days.  Here's another.  
My mom is always sending me her bonuses from Clinique, and I love that about her.  For Christmas, she sent me a bonus that had this stuff in a little tube, and I just love it.  I typically use their dramatically different moisturizer, but I may have been persuaded to make the switch.  It's not at all greasy, and it makes my face so soft.  Speaking of lotion, here's another product I'm really loving, too.  

Can you tell I'm a lotion fanatic?  I love it, but being pregnant ruined a lot of smells for me.  No complaints here, I just cannot stand the sweet and fruity smells that used to be some of my favorites.  I usually use Jergens, but even that smell seems to bother me.  I'm funny about lotions, too.  I don't like for them to be too greasy.  In the summertime, I use a lighter one, but during the winter season, I want something that is going to keep the dry skin at bay.  This Suave lotion really does the trick, and it's pretty cheap, too!  
Oh my goodness!  Have you seen it?  David and I went for our anniversary date, and I love loved it!  In fact since then, I cannot seem to get enough.  I'm constantly playing my newly created Pandora station and reading up on it as much as I can.  I downloaded the free book to my Kindle, but I have not had a chance to read it yet.  I'm ashamed to say that I am a new fan.  I have yet to see it on Broadway, but you can bet your bottom dollar I will one day!  I highly recommend the movie, and if you're looking for a friend to go with you, I'm your girl! Lastly, I will leave you with a Pinterest find.  Who doesn't love all things Pinterest?  Well, I am thinking some have a love/hate relationship with it, but I really love it.  I have learned so much and gotten so many good ideas.  Here's one of my recent finds:  
My friend, Alisa, introduced me to these awesome ponytails holders, but they can be pretty pricey in stores.  I found on Pinterest that there is indeed a better and cheaper way, yay!  The girls over at this blog tell you exactly how it's done.  I'm proud to say that I've ordered elastic from the company they recommend twice, and I've been very pleased both times.  My girls and I are loving these new ponytail holders!  We've given several away for Christmas presents, too.  Here is a picture of one that I made.  
I think they are so pretty, and the greatest thing about them is when you take your hair out of the ponytail, you don't have the awful crease in your hair!  Well, that's clearly enough information for one post!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yay!!! When I vacuumed today, I thought of you and wondered how you were liking it!! So glad you are loving it. I can't wait to see Les Mis. :)