Monday, January 14, 2013

A weekend full of fun!

This past weekend was so. much. fun.  You know the kind of weekend where the whole time you're just excited about what's next?  Yea, that's us!  Friday, we started our evening off with having catfish with sweet friends.  We call them the B's.  And I didn't take a single picture of us together.  After catfish, our wild group was not quite ready to call it a night, so we took our family date night to the next level.  And the hot light was on, so how could we not?  
Oh, my how I love these five!
Saturday, we started our morning sweating at the gym.  We needed to after catfish AND krispy kreme, ha!  Then, Saturday evening our oldest girls were invited to their first birthday party where I left them!  They were SO excited! 
The party was an UNslumber party, hosted by some of our sweet church friends.  The girls all wore their pajamas to the party, but they didn't spend the whole night.  What a clever idea! 
Summer and Tilly had so much fun.  They decorated pillow cases, painted their piggies, bobbed for doughnuts, ate pancakes and played with their baby dolls.  Meanwhile  . . .
David and I had a double date with Carter and Story.  So fun!  Carter was giving Story the low down about how much fun dates are with Mommy and Daddy.  We took them to supper at Chili's because we wanted to go somewhere we could watch the Broncos and Ravens play.  My love is a little partial to a certain Peyton Manning.  During supper, David asked Carter what he wanted to be when he grew up.  He said, "I want to be a preacher because that's the only one (job) that only works one day a week!"  What!  David and I were rolling! 
After supper, we strolled around Gander Mountain to make room for a little dessert, 32 degrees or as Carter calls it, 22 degrees!  
David and I were sitting at supper with our "bookends," and we were talking about how we are going to blink and our girls and boy will be going to slumber parties, the real thing and out on dates, gasp!  I hope we are doing our best to treasure these moments with our sweet littles.  It just goes by so very fast! 
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: