Thursday, January 24, 2013

USM Golden Eagle Basketball.

David has been able to be a part of some really neat things since we have been in Hattiesburg, one of them being the Rotary club, which meets each Wednesday morning at the Wesley Hospital.  This week, David was in charge of supplying the speaker for the meeting.  Now, it's no secret that my husband loves the game of basketball.  And he was quite the baller in his day.  He may or may not still hold some records in the state of Arkansas.  I'll let you know for sure after the state tournament this spring.  I digress.  Our family has made an effort to embrace all things USM.  In the fall we tailgated at football games.  We also attended the homecoming parade downtown.  Last spring, David and Carter went to several baseball games.  This winter, we took the children to their first college basketball game.  A few months ago, our church hosted the USM men's basketball team on a Sunday for worship and lunch.  Sadly, I missed this event because I was home with a sick little one.  This was David's first chance to meet Coach Tyndall, the men's head coach.  Then, just before Christmas David was in the hospital (I think I shared this before), and Coach Tyndall called him at the hospital to check on him.  I remember clearly because I was the one to answer the phone.  David had not had surgery yet and could not talk very well, but I told him that he was going to want to take this call!  How neat!  Yesterday morning, Coach Tyndall was the speaker at the Rotary Club, and he brought his whole coaching staff with him.  And David got to have his picture made with them!  So fun! David later told me that this was one of the largest groups they've had at Rotary in quite some time.  
Coach Tyndall is the one to David's left.  SMTTT!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: