Sunday, April 21, 2013

Carter's baptism.

This Sunday, April 21,  was such a special day for our family.  David had the privilege of baptizing Carter during our morning worship service.  So very precious!  


Here is the video of the service.  I am so thankful that it is forever captured, so that we will always remember this special day.  So he will always remember this decision he made to follow Christ.  I shared the story here of how Carter came to know the Lord.  As a parent, you long for the day when your children will come to know Jesus, and you pray for their salvation even before they are born.  I'm so thankful for the gift of being able to witness the Lord's capture of my son's heart.  
There is so much I want to remember about this day.  David and I talked this morning as we were getting ready for church.  What would we do if Carter freaked out?  How would we handle that?  This is the child, who at his first birthday cried after everyone sang the birthday song to him!  I called him into my room to talk to him a little bit about what it would be like once he got in the water.  He assured me that he was fine and could handle it.
I want to remember the sweet church members who were so diligent to help us with Carter's baptism.  This is Mr. Myrick, he and his wife are so very precious to our family.  I love that they were both in the back helping us.
I want to forever remember the pure excitement my little fella was experiencing.  He was beyond excited.  He was smiling the entire morning.  I think he hardly slept last night!  He kept telling anyone who would listen, "I'm just so excited!"
I want to remember Carter and David getting ready together for the big event.
I want to remember my two favorite boys in the whole world talking and excitedly waiting for their time to enter the water.  I want to remember how they kept looking out to see if the choir was in their rightful spot.  I want to remember Carter excitedly saying, "They're here!  It's time, Daddy!"
I want to remember David talking to Carter and our church family about how thankful we are to be his parents and how we have prayed for this day, even before he was born.  I want to remember how David choked on his words, as we all knew he would, and then amazingly pulled it together to perform his pastoral and fatherly duty.
I want to remember how I got to sit over on the other side behind them and watch the entire event unfold, with tears of joy and thankfulness rolling down my cheeks.
I want to remember holding my breath as David prepared to dunk Carter under the water.
I want to remember that Papa and Gigi came from Arkansas to be with us for the weekend.  I want to remember that our dear friends, the Berteaus, missed their church to be with us on this special day.
Buried with Christ and raised to walk in the newness of Him.
I want to remember exhaling as he came up out of the water, a new creature in Christ.
I want to remember the big smile on his face.  I love this picture so very much.
I want to remember that he looked back over his daddy's shoulder to smile at me when it was over.
Thank you, Lord, for our son.  Thank you for rescuing him at such an early age.  Thank you for sending your Son, so that ours might have life to the fullest.  

No comments: