Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Welcoming spring.

Spring has come with a vengeance here in South Mississippi, wow!  For a while there, we wondered if it would come at all, and after one last cold snap, she is here to stay!
Our party of six has been so busy with the coming of spring, and I've not done a great job of keeping up with our activities on the blog.  I noticed on my calendar that the next week is crazy busy with lots to share, so I need to catch up before I get much further behind.  
A couple of weeks ago, we planted our garden.  After some torrential rain, we wondered if it was going to survive, but the garden has flourished with all the rain.  We have planted, several types of tomatoes,  three different types of peppers, cucumbers, watermelon, peas, beans, corn, squash, zucchini, and I'm sure I am forgetting something else.  David and the children have been hard at work getting it all ready. Carter, especially loves to help Daddy in the garden.  
The girls are all busy with dance getting ready for their spring recital.  It's going to be so cute.  One of the songs they are dancing to is "Rockin' Robin!" I'm pretty sure I danced to that a time or two when I was a little girl.  
We finally put Tilly in a real big girl bed, complete with new bedding and pillows.  She could not be happier.  And, we changed out Carter and Summer's twin beds for bunk beds.  We are still working on arranging the room and getting some things settled, so I will post a picture later when it is complete.  Carter and Summer have much more floor space to play, so it's great.  And Tilly is feeling oh so special in her big girl bed!
This little one and I are relishing our last two months of just us before school is out for the summertime.  One of her favorite things to do these days is listen to music on the iPad.  Her current favorite song is Matt Redman's, 10,000 Reasons.  If you haven't heard it, you are certainly missing out.  
With the warmer weather being here to stay, we have definitely taken advantage of Happy Hour after school.  Such a fun treat!  The children love slushes from Sonic.  Right now the current favorite flavors are: blue coconut, green apple, and grape!  I am sure it will be different next week!
Our front yard is mostly shaded in the late afternoons, so we enjoy playing.  We love hopscotch and hide and seek.  It has also been sweet to watch the children pick up pine cones from our neighbor's yard.  Love this picture of the four of them.  I'm thinking David and I could be in so much trouble as they grow older, yikes!  We are way outnumbered ha!
I love this sweet picture of Story and her favorite friend from church.  Mallory's mom sent it to me last Wednesday.  They love love each other!  So sweet to watch!
Probably the most exciting thing of the spring so far is getting to take swimming lessons.  We took them at the Wesley Wellness Center, where we are members of the gym.  The children loved it, and eagerly looked forward to them!  I am so thankful we have four children who love the water.  My mom declares that I was swimming before I could walk, so I guess they get it honest!  Story and I did the Mommy and Me class, and it was so much fun.  She was blowing bubbles, jumping off the ledge, and going under water like a champ by the end of the session.  
The big three took a group lesson from Coach Jared.  His mother-in-law (to be) is the famous Miss America, that Summer talks about so much.  Miss America is Summer's teacher's sister, small world!  
Carter, Summer and Tilly did a great job!
Of course goggles had to be purchased after the first class, so we did!  She's kind of proud, don't you think!
Carter swimming back to the side of the pool.  
Summer swimming to another of the instructors.  We will do another session in May before we head to the beach in June!  I can't wait to see how much better they get each time.  
Tilly has been spending quite a bit of time with this sweet girl.  I will share more in a later post, but you can be praying for her family.  Ella's mom, Keri, is in the Ronald McDonald house in Jackson awaiting the birth of twin boys, one of whom has a congenital heart defect and will have surgery days after being born.  I know the Bradberry family would be honored to have you pray for them!  As you can see, our spring season is off to a great start!  

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: