Friday, April 19, 2013

Story's first field trip!

One day each week on Thursdays, Story goes to our church's weekday preschool.  She loves going to school, and I think she will love it even more next year when she goes three days each week.  
Today, I had the privilege of going with her and her class on a field trip to the Hattiesburg Zoo, which meant we literally walked across our church's parking lot into the entrance of the zoo.  She was so excited.  We took this picture of ourselves while we were waiting to go inside.  
We began our zoo journey in Africa.  The music playing reminded me for a moment of being at Disney.  I'm definitely ready to go back!  
Story was a big fan of the bongos and kept wanting to go back to play.  
The zebras were so pretty.  I was telling a friend today that the animals were really active, so that definitely made our adventure all the more fun.  
Look at those little cuties.  Story is in a class full of girls, how fun!  And easy for her teacher, ha!
The tiger was actually awake and even yawned for us a few times.  
I love this picture of Story's friend, Cate, talking to the goat!  
This cute little monkey climbed down from his perch and walked right over to the fence to get a better look at us!
What is a trip to the zoo without a stop at the bounce houses?  For a moment I thought I was going to have to go in after her.  
The flamingos are new to the zoo in our town, and they did not disappoint!
I love this guy.  Literally, every time I have been to the zoo he is pacing back and forth along the fence.    He looks kind of sweet!  Story and I had a great time with her classmates at the zoo. I am so thankful I was able to experience her very first field trip with her.  I have a feeling our four little loves will be wanting to hit up the zoo and the splash pad quite a bit this summer.  
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: