Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Summer's field trip to Landrum's Country.

The day after Story's field trip to Mitchell Farms, Summer and I headed to Landrum's Country with her first grade class.  Meanwhile, David is still in Montana, and I have officially lost my voice at this point.  Sunday night, right after David left (literally), my voice started fading.  By Wednesday, I could not talk at all.  The Lord, He really has quite the sense of humor! I figure He didn't want me hollering at the children too much while their daddy was away.  Turns out, I couldn't yell, even if I wanted to, ha! Back to Summer. . .

Summer's class, along with the other first grade classes, met at the Hattiesburg train station and rode the train to Laurel before going to Landrum's Country. 

Me with my Summer girl.  We didn't get a picture together on the day of her field trip, but this was taken just the week before when our church visited Mitchell Farms with the children from Homes of Hope. 

Summer waiting to board the train.  Such a neat experience at such a young age! The first grade classes rode the train from Hattiesburg to Laurel, and all of the parents picked them up from the train station before making our way over to Landrum's Country. 

Summer's class first went to try their hands at shooting! Her daddy would've been so proud.  Check out that stance!


They also got to mine for gems.  Summer found so many pretty stones. 

Needless to say, we did survive the week at home with Daddy gone to Montana.  Thursday after school, we drove to New Orleans to pick him up from the airport. 

We ate the famous pancakes at City Diner in New Orleans.  So fun!  As you can see, we are just a little happy to have our main man home! 


No comments: