Sunday, October 30, 2011

B90days.

My B90days blogpost is way overdue.  I think our move to Hattiesburg and jumping right into our new ministry here have dominated my time and thoughts, and honestly we have loved every minute of being here.  My journey through the B90days has so much to do with where we are now, so I wanted to blog about it for memory sake and perhaps to encourage some of you.  So what is B90days anyway?  Some of you probably have heard of it.  You can read more about it here.  
So, here's my B90days story.  This past summer I noticed a post on facebook about the B90days challenge.  I had no idea what it was about, but I was so intrigued.  Basically, Amy at Mom's toolbox provides a venue where you can participate in reading the Bible in 90 days.  That sounds like a lot, but what I loved most about it is that you are matched up with a mentor and you have to check in each Monday telling where you are in your reading as another form of accountability.  So great!  We were in Arkansas visiting David's family when I began.   David and Carter were in Wyoming on a mission trip, so the girls and I were staying with is parents while they were gone.  I began my reading on Sunday, July 10, which was a day early, but I was so anxious to get started!  Plus, I figured it wouldn't hurt to get a bit of a head start.  During this time (no coincidence at all), David was getting further and further into the interview process with our new church.  I love that during that season of searching and praying the Lord had me immersed in His Word each day.  So precious.  I finished my reading on Monday, October 3.  This was the week we began packing our stuff for our move to Hattiesburg, again no coincidence.  I have been a believer for most of my life, but I am ashamed to say I have never read the Bible all the way through, and this is something I have always wanted to do.  I loved it.  I could not go to sleep each night until my reading was done.  Some mornings I wanted to get it done right away.  I loved loved the Old Testament.  It reads like a novel, the greatest one you'll ever read.  I loved the New Testament book of Acts about the early church.  But most of all, I loved being in God's Word every day during this precious season of God leading our family to a new church, a new state, a new home.  

1 comment:

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

I am so excited for you and agree-- the timing could not have been coincidental. :)

Thanks for reading with us and for sharing your experience.

I can only imagine the continuing impact this will have on you.