Thursday, October 27, 2011

We're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo! How about you, you, you?

Tuesday, I had the privilege of chaperoning a field trip with Carter's class to the zoo!  In fact, the entire K5 class at PCS went, all 91 of them!  So much fun!  
We began with a snack at the park.  The zoo and Kamper park are right beside our church and our home, so we have actually played at this park before.  Such a great place!
Before going into the park, we took a class picture beside the butterfly.  Look at those adorable children! Carter's teacher, Mrs. G, is a bulldog fan, too, so we love her already.  She and her husband were actually living in Athens for two of the years I was there!  What a small world! 
I honestly can't remember what the children were looking at here, something in the water, maybe?  
This was the big daddy, King Alligator, himself!  He was HUGE!
Carter loves these two girls.  He talks about them all the time.  
Carter riding the carousel with one of his friends.  This little boy's momma and I were on a bench in front of them for the ride.  I really enjoyed visiting with her.  
How much do you love the look on Carter's face.  Pure joy.  Pure excitement.  Pure cuteness.  
One of the animals that the children were able to pet was the chinchilla.  Carter said he thought it looked like a guinea pig; I thought it favored a bunny with a long tail.  
And this is the bearded dragon.  The name is much scarier than the creature. 
Carter was not sure about touching the bearded dragon, but he later told me that the scales were really rough. 
One of my favorite things we got to do was ride the train.  
On our ride, we passed by this beautiful building!  Our church!
The tortoise.  
The ostrich was my favorite.  He/she came right up to talk to us.  
One last group picture.  I was so thankful to be a part of this special day for Carter and his class.  I think I could get used to this whole stay at home, go on field trip, mom thing.  I kinda like it!

1 comment:

Jodi Kendall said...

Yay, so glad you all had fun! I can't believe there were that many kids on the trip!! So cute that Carter pet the bearded dragon.